When a user visits/reloads a webpage, it calls the Web Ad Tag, which directs the browser to call display.io ad server, and already the ad server replies with ads, rendered within the placeholders by the user’s browser.
The asynchronous tag guarantees independent load of the page’s elements without page load latency.
The Web Ad Tag consists of 2 parts:
> Config Script – should be placed once on the mobile webpage header (between <head></head> tags)
> Ad Placement Script – should be placed on the mobile webpage body (between <body></body> tags) once for each ad placement (it’s recommended to add not more than 10 tags per webpage)
<script async src="https://cdn.display.io/webretail/webretail.min.js#site=siteID?placement=placementID"></script>
To implement Web Ad Tag you need:
- To copy and paste the Web Ad Tag – Config Script into the source code of your mobile webpage between the HTML head tags.
- To copy and paste the Web Ad Tag – Ad Placement script into the source code of your mobile webpage between the HTML body tags, where you want the ad to display. You should add one Ad Placement script for each ad’s placeholder on your page ( if you need 3 ad placeholders on the page – the script should be repeated 3 times and located on the relevant places within the webpage).
- To replace siteID and placementID placeholders with your inventory IDs on the display.io platform (please ask your Account Manager for your site and placement IDs).
- To customize UX&Data.
- To ensure that ad unit performs as optimally as possible please follow the following recommendations:
- The tag should be inserted directly into the page’s HTML.
- For mobile: the page must contain a mobile-optimized viewport tag.